Friday, June 20, 2014

MORNING




Ever since I lightened my workload for the summer, I've had a lot of time to dedicate to myself. 
It's important to have time to yourself, especially mornings. This morning, I woke up (after Russ snoozed his 7:30am alarm five times) and craved the outdoors. My bed is across from two windows, so it's calming to wake up and hear the sounds of nature so early. 

I put on my robe, drank a big glass of water, and made myself my favorite green juice: apple, spinach, cucumber, and mint leaves. The combination of each makes a sweet, healthy taste that wakes you up better than a grande iced caramel macchiato. After my juice, I walked barefoot to the beach, which is conveniently right in my backyard. I let the sand exfoliate my feet and concentrated on my breathing, in through my nose and out through my mouth. After the beach, I traveled to the other side of my property where my workout studio is, put on Pandora (Ciara radio), and did a twenty-minute upper body circuit:

12 shoulder front & side raises on the bosu
12 shoulder presses
12 bicep curls
repeat 2x

12 each single arm overhead tricep extension
12 double arm overhead tricep extension
15 each arm tricep kickbacks
repeat 2x

15 chest flys on yoga ball
12 each single arm chest press
12 each arm rows
repeat 2x

Whatever the rest of this gorgeous Friday brings, I'm ready. 
Have a beautiful, healthy day!

No comments :

Post a Comment